Fringe Feast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting...

4 posters

Go down

Interesting... Empty Interesting...

Post  Roick 6/9/2009, 11:19 am

Last night on C2C, Michael Baigent, was the guest talking about how the three major religions (Christianity, Islam and Judaism) are trying to speed up the end of the world. According to Mr. Baigent, they are doing so to try to bring about the prophesies of their holy texts. It was a really interesting show.

Archived Show

Click the link. Choose Sunday, September 6th for the date and choose 2 am for the time, then click listen. If you don't want to hear sports news, C2C starts about 7 min and 40 seconds into it.

Interesting... 353971
Roick
Roick
Admin

https://fringefeast.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Interesting... Empty Re: Interesting...

Post  flame 6/9/2009, 11:21 am

something I've always suspected...almost a self fulfilling prophecy..

I'll bookmark the show and try to give a listen later, thanks R.

I'ts almost like the Big Three want to bring it on..sheesh.
flame
flame
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roick 6/9/2009, 11:27 am

I know, I have thought about that too. It seems that things are starting to line up how they prophesied. Especially watching the Pope and some of the things he is agreeing to. It will be interesting to watch the outcome.

Suspect
Roick
Roick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  flame 6/9/2009, 11:40 am

well at the very least I think Obama is trying to hard to change the paradigm that is the Middle East right now but that doesn't turn around over night and frankly, I am pleased to see him staying out of it for the moment..

let those people figure it out for themselves..
flame
flame
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roick 6/9/2009, 12:42 pm

Interesting... 966682
Roick
Roick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose 6/9/2009, 9:20 pm

I've never understood why some of the fundamentalist religious seem to want to bring on an apocalypse. If I had any political power I'd be working on changing the prophecies.
Rose
Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  flame 6/9/2009, 9:34 pm

I could never figure out why the Revelation book was added to the Bible anyhoo..

there is a mystery somewhere here, I will have a brain fart some day and figure it out..
flame
flame
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roick 6/9/2009, 10:04 pm

I have a belief that most of the bible was a way to control the people during that time. It was to create some sort of order to a society that could have very easily gone out of control. The church had a lot of control over government through out the centuries so has played as a major puzzle piece in how our society fits together. Revelations, in my opinion, was well written and somewhat prophetic. However, you take the idealism that the major religions are trying to bring about the end of the world, then Revelations is the book they are going to follow....now how can they control all the Earth catastrophes that are spoken of in Revelations? Can you say HAARP? That could very well be another big piece of the puzzle. I would tend to believe that 'project blue beam' is also another piece. As far as Wormwood is concerned, it will be something from space that hits the Earth, but anyone could have know that would happen. Now the question is what is Wormwood going to be? Is it going to be an asteroid, "Planet X" or maybe even the moon itself falling back to the Earth.

This very well has the potential to be one of the biggest conspiracies the world has ever seen.

Interesting... 297757
Roick
Roick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  flame 6/9/2009, 10:06 pm

yikes..

I'm gonna try to find a little history behind the Revelations book and see what's what..
flame
flame
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JB 7/9/2009, 1:17 pm

Flame ..you have to look at the TIME when John wrote Revelations..it was when great persecution of the early believers in Christ was taking place by Nero. Revelations hold alot of mystery to us..but yet it contains history. It wasn't until sometime in the mid 1800's I believe that any Christian sect believed in the rapture. In the 20th century we had a revival of the "rapture" by the fundies. Me I stay away from any orginized religion..tried it and it wasn't for me..I am spirtual and do believe in a creator.. I try to stay open minded! I don't think everything we know about God is in the bible.
JB
JB

Back to top Go down

Post  JB 7/9/2009, 1:33 pm

You can also look at Tim LaHayes Left Behiind series of books very popular with the fundies and of course the granddaddy of all false prophecy Hal Lindsey. Very popular with the rapture crowd..Hal's and Tim's intreputation of Revelations set the fundie crowd on fire wanting to bring on armageddon. of course they will be raptured so they don't worry about the consequences!! LOL!!
JB
JB

Back to top Go down

Post  flame 7/9/2009, 3:14 pm

good posts JB..I was raised a fundie so it took years of deprogramming to get me where I am now..

free..

I just wish I hadn't had to waste so much time..

now I'm trying to play catch up as fast as I can with history and comparative religions ect..it's fun.

at least I was smart enough to not lay that guilt on my kids when they were young..now I can steer them to what books ect, they might find interesting to them, instead of brainwashing them..truth will set you free! Interesting... 290556

RIght now I'm learning what I can about the early history of reincarnation..and the early beginnings of the Christian religion..
flame
flame
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roick 15/9/2009, 9:16 pm

So I have read Revelations like 10 times in the last two weeks...it's messed up.

There is going to be a lot of asteroids hitting the Earth from what I understand...and possibly even an alien invasion? I am referring to where it said a star fell to Earth and opened the bottomless pit and pretty much these monsters come out and attacks humanity. It pretty much describes them looking like a hoarse with a human face, they are protected by armor and have a tail like a scorpion. They are not allowed to kill humans, but they will torture for 5 months. It said during that time man look seek death, but will not find it because death will run from them....

Interesting... 200353
Roick
Roick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum