Fringe Feast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is Driving Me Absolutely Crazy!!

2 posters

Go down

This is Driving Me Absolutely Crazy!! Empty This is Driving Me Absolutely Crazy!!

Post  flame 27/9/2009, 2:37 pm

My cholesterol is high..

a few months ago, the doc put me on simvastatin..20 mg.

it took my cholesterol right down from 257 to 157 in a month..

but then I started losing control of the muscles in my left leg and almost fell 3-4 times. I took myself off the statin after reading about people's problems with them..

My leg recovered and is back to normal..now I am considering how best to lower that cholesterol..

1. go back on that statin and suck it up?

2. go on a cholesterol lowering diet?

3. Take CoQ10 along with a statin?

4. Try Red Yeast Rice capsules and CoQ10 instead of a statin?

or..

forget the whole thing and go eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

This is Driving Me Absolutely Crazy!! 572201
flame
flame
Admin

Back to top Go down

This is Driving Me Absolutely Crazy!! Empty Re: This is Driving Me Absolutely Crazy!!

Post  JB 27/9/2009, 2:59 pm

I went thru that and am still going thru that..mine is caused by the kidney failure..so many things in your body can go haywire all from the kidneys failing . it's unbelievable what all the kidneys do..well since I am on a vegan diet the clos. is doing ok..I would stay away from the statins and try diet and excersise..I do eat peanut butter sometimes but I buy the reduced fat kind..
JB
JB

Back to top Go down

This is Driving Me Absolutely Crazy!! Empty Re: This is Driving Me Absolutely Crazy!!

Post  flame 27/9/2009, 7:16 pm

after a ton more reading, I've decided to banish the statins and try for the diet and supplements..

I just couldn't find enough info that said statins are any good for ya..pffht
flame
flame
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum