Fringe Feast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck..

3 posters

Go down

My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. Empty My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck..

Post  flame 5/9/2009, 2:50 pm

I was reading last night, going through the different definitions of each card..

each deck is different in that not all the cards may be the uniform tarot deck..you have your basic tarot cards..the Majot Arcana, the Minor Arcana, the Court Cards ect.

But each artist brings their own interpretation to the deck, so they may add extra cards or delete certain cards depending on their life experience and beliefs.

So, when you buy a deck of cards it helps if the artist/creator writes a small booklet to hand out with the cards explaining their interpretation.

This particular deck I have, The Legacy of the Divine, is awesome. It really resonates with me from an artist point of view..

I decide after going through each card last night, that I should just shuffle and give it a go..

I did the Three Card Spread, wanting to keep it simple.

The cards are set out in a triangle pattern, one to the left bottom, one to the right bottom and then one at the apex..

they would be numbered that way..

1. (bottom left)
2. (bottom right)
3. (apex of the triangle)

and then they are read in that order..

So, the interpretation would go as this..

1. What legacy have I inherited?
2. What is my future legacy?
3. What do I need to work on right now?

the Number 1 card came up Temperance. That's the legacy I have inherited..
moderation in thought and action..
self control and self discipline and balance between the spiritual and the physical..

the Number 2 card came up 3 of Cups. This will be my future legacy, happiness, joy, everything good in life..

and the Number 3 card ended up being the 5 of cups. What I have to work on right now..

this wa a very interesting card. It's of a woman in a dungeon holding on to two of the 5 cups, the two she's holding are unbroken, the others have been smashed.
She is sitting in the dark against a brick wall..

This card represents an obsession over many disappointments. The loss being most likely love..the woman's heart is painful and contracted.

This card says I have to move out of that phase and move out of the past..

(Rose, I imagine you can understand these cards that came up perfectly, as you know what I have been through)

I thought the reading came up perfectly for me, easily understood..I think this deck fits me just fine..I'm pleased with it..

Therein ends my life's lesson for the day.. Wink
flame
flame
Admin

Back to top Go down

My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. Empty Re: My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck..

Post  Rose 5/9/2009, 7:36 pm

Wow, flame, that does sound exactly right. It wouldn't be for everyone...I've never been known for temperance. Storm even says I even suffer in noisy desperation. My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. Chuckle

Thanks for explaining a little of how it works. I wish you were a next door neighbor so I could get lessons.

My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. Hug for stressful life lessons we all seem to go through.

Last edited by Rose on 5/9/2009, 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rose
Rose

Back to top Go down

My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. Empty Re: My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck..

Post  flame 5/9/2009, 8:09 pm

noisy desperation..lol We'll have to change that to silent temperance..

give me some more time with this deck and I'll try a three card spread for you..I want to break them in first..

and you guys can always move to Iowa..Storm can go hiking in the cornfields..My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. 290556
flame
flame
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rose 5/9/2009, 8:12 pm

Great! Lemme know what shows up, if it's not too bad. My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. Chuckle

I can just see me in Iowa... Look a corn flower! And another one! And another one! It would drive me to My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. Drinking. Laughing
Rose
Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  Roick 5/9/2009, 9:12 pm

Oh come on, Rose, Iowa is not that bad...neither is Nebraska...

My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. 200353
Roick
Roick
Admin

https://fringefeast.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flame 5/9/2009, 9:19 pm

now just a minute Missy..we have at least 20 different types of corn here..

*don't lie Roick, I grew up in Nebraska..it's flat and boring cept for where we lived..

My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. 436876
flame
flame
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roick 5/9/2009, 9:22 pm

Nebraska isn't that bad...it's better than Wyoming... My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. 601593
Roick
Roick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  flame 5/9/2009, 9:32 pm

agreed, I've driven thru Wyoming, my car busted down in Wheatland Wyoming once, while it got fixed, I watched a rodeo..yeehaw!!! My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. 290556

I think 150 people live in Wyoming.
flame
flame
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roick 5/9/2009, 9:39 pm

The funny thing about that is I was born in Wheatland Wyoming in 1980 My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. 436876

I have lived in Wheatland (obviously), Gernsey, Lingle, Torrington...In Wyoming,
Then we moved into Nebraska to Alliance, Scottsbluff, Chadron and now I am living in Wayne...wow what an experience...
Roick
Roick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  flame 5/9/2009, 9:43 pm

no kiddin!

I drove through in 1984...My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. 436876

yeah, I'm a bit older than you..you were probably that snot nosed kid I saw at the laundromat!

You know what, I really like Wheatland, was there for a week..
flame
flame
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  flame 5/9/2009, 9:45 pm

Holy crap! You're my daughter's age..how about I set you two up if she moves back here... My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. 290556
flame
flame
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roick 5/9/2009, 9:51 pm

I have already walked down the aisle years ago My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. 290556
Roick
Roick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  flame 5/9/2009, 9:54 pm

dang it!! I'm too late again!! My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. 126671

Well, if she does come back this way, I'll ask if you have any single friends.. My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. 290556
flame
flame
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roick 6/9/2009, 7:56 am

I have plenty of single friends! I guess I was the only in my group willing to go next step

My First Tarot Reading From the New Deck.. 436876
Roick
Roick
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum